Monthly Archive 每月文章July 2007
Apparently he is a phone salesman by occupation…
Have you ever wondered how to get a cork out of a bottle? This is how. Ingenious!
I am writing another post from the China Airlines lounge at CKS airport in Taipei.
I am going to the US again. This time it’s to Kingsport, TN. It’s gonna take 3 flights to get there.
I sooooooooo don’t want to go….
Come to think of it, I didn’t want to go to San Antonio earlier this year either.
Here is an article on human nature, by the pop psych magazine psychology today.
The most interesting point is how most suicide bombers are Muslim, but not because of what they teach. Apparently it’s because Muslim permits polygamy, which reduces the chance of mate in some male. These men then result to violent means of behavior, as they have nothing to lose. Also, because the afterlife promises 72 virgin…
So, Freud is right, everything is about sex after all.
Here is another interesting article on an old topic.
- Don’t chase money, power, or status.
- Take whatever time you need to discover what matters to you most
- Don’t base your choices on others’ approval.
- Stay authentic.
- Go for meaning over money every time.
- Be endlessly greedy—for learning.
- Make a friend of failure.
- Make sure that every time you make a mistake, it’s a new one.
- Choose to spend your time with the right people.
- Drop whatever is inconsistent with these principles.
As I walk on in this huge and old family business, sometime I wonder if work is meant to be hard and boring and suck the life out of you. Maybe no such thing as “interesting and meaningful work” exists. I still haven’t found what I am looking for.